provides instruction and hands-on training in the art and science of
hair, skin and nail care. Students receive technical, practical and
customer service skills in both a classroom and salon environment.
Seniors run a full-service salon open to the public and are required to
take the Ohio State Board exam for licensure..
- Hair Styling & Cutting
- Hair Perming & Relaxing
- Hair Coloring & Lightening
- Skin Care
- Manicure, Pedicure, Sculptured Nail Care
Early Childhood Education
Childhood Education students work with children ages three to five
years old in a pre-school laboratory. They plan, conduct and evaluate
developmentally appropriate activities based on a weekly theme.
Students may also gain experiences working with infants, toddlers, and
children in local day care centers, Head Start Programs, elementary
schools and latchkey programs.
- Earn 120 Classroom Hours Toward Childhood Development Associate Certificate
- Certification in Child Abuse and Neglect
- Certification in First Aid
- Certification in CPR
- Certification in Communicable Diseases
Landscape & Greenhouse Management
are introduced to diversity of career opportunities within the
year-round green industry. They learn aspects of landscape design,
greenhouse management and production, equipment operation and
maintenance, golf course and sports turf management, floral design,
garden center operation, customer service and business management.
- Design & Plan Residential and Commercial Landscape Settings
- Diagnose & Prescribe Treatment for Plant Diseases, Fungi, Pests
- Grow & Sell Seasonal and Specialty Plants
- Seed & Maintain Desirable Turf
- Design Flower Arrangements
- Maintain & Operate Mowers, Cultivators and Sprayers
Law Enforcement & Security
study Criminal Justice and Public Safety careers. They are taught
crime-scene investigation, fingerprinting and forensic science
techniques. Accident investigation is covered including reporting,
diagramming and photographing a collision. Students are trained on how
to secure a building and the procedures followed on patrol.
- Fitness, flexibility and strength training
- Certification in CPR
- Monitoring closed-circuit TV cameras and radio communications
- Crowd and traffic control
- Evidence collection & identification