Established in 1971, the Lorain County JVS offers exemplary, nationally accredited career and technical education for students in grades 9-12 and adult learners. Through the specialized programs offered, our students are gaining the technical skills, knowledge and training necessary to be successful in high-demand careers. Located on a 100-acre campus in Oberlin, Ohio, the JVS is one of the largest career-technical facilities in the state and serves high school students from 13 school districts: Amherst
, Avon Lake
, North Ridgeville
, Sheffield-Sheffield Lake
, along with adult learners from surrounding communities.
We create opportunities for students to achieve success in their careers.
By 2023, the Lorain County JVS will be the model Career and Technical Education Center in the state of Ohio.
- We believe in the engagement of all stakeholders.
- We believe in providing pathways of success for all students.
- We believe in a rigorous and relevant curriculum that increases achievement.
- We believe in recruiting, developing and retaining highly qualified employees.
- We believe we are all responsible for the success of students.
- We believe in developing and sustaining partnerships.