Continuing Education Courses and Personal Enrichment Courses: Register Online
Apprenticeships: Contact Ralph Bentley 440-774-1051 Ext. 22287 to get started
Career Development Programs: Information session and WorkKeys testing is required before registering for the class. Please call 440-774-1051 Ext. 22254 to schedule your information session to get the enrollment process started.
- All prospective students must attend a Program Information Session for their program(s) of interest. The information sessions are held at the JVS so students have the opportunity to experience the environment in which their classes will take place, as well as to view the lab facilities for each program. During this session, students are provided with specifics about educational content, attendance and participation expectations, and other details to assist prospective students to determine if the program will meet their interests, needs and career goals
- Students interested in programs that are 600 hours or more follow the information session by attending a financial aid appointment with the Student Services Coordinator. Students seeking financial aid must provide evidence of a high school diploma or GED and government issues photo ID. The financial aid appointment will help determine what costs, if any, will be covered by the Pell Grant and/or Direct Loan, and what portion of the costs will need to be covered by the student. Student Services may also refer the student to Ohio Means Jobs to determine their eligibility for funding to support their educational pathway.
- After attending the information session and finalizing how the program will be paid for, students must complete the WorkKeys assessment. The cost of $75.00 must be paid upon registration for a test appointment and prior to taking the assessment. Those applicants who do not meet the required benchmark may retest, at a cost of $25.00 per test, and assistance is provided to help students improve their scores. The Adult Career Center may provide tutoring to help students prepare to retest.
- In addition to the WorkKeys scores, specific programs may require drug testing, physicals, immunizations or proof of immunizations, and/or background checks prior to admission.
- Career Development Programs include placement assistance and employability skills training. Personal supplies and tools are extra for some programs.
Finally, a minimum of a $100 deposit is required for registration.