Director, Adult Career Center
(440) 774-1051 ext. 22251
The Lorain County JVS Adult Career Center offers a variety of program options to meet your post-secondary education and training needs.
- Offer students education and training for the purpose of job entry and job advancement.
- Include placement assistance and employability skills training.
- Provide opportunities for trade certifications and credentials in a variety of skilled areas.
- Allow students to apply for Financial Aid, such as Federal Pell Grants and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Require a student to take a WorkKeys Assessment and attain a program-specific passing score.
In addition to Career Development Programs, the Adult Career Center offers:
Potential students in these programs may apply for external and internal Scholarships.
Lorain County JVS Adult Career Center is accredited to offer programs as approved by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
to educational programs accredited by the Council on Occupational Education
(COE) is open to students 18 years or older who hold a high school diploma or
GED and are looking to enter or re-enter the workforce or start a new career.
These requirements may be waived if the student is enrolling in a specially
designated program such as the Adult Diploma Program (ADP) or programs designed
to enhance a high school students’ credential attainment. All exceptions may
require proper documentation and prior administrative approval.