Who are we and what do we offer?
We are an adult career center in Lorain County that offers a variety of Career Development Program
options to meet your post-secondary education and training needs.
A Career Development Program:
- Offers students education and training for the purpose of job entry and job advancement.
- Includes placement assistance and employability skills training.
- Provides opportunities for trade certifications and credentials in a variety of skilled areas.
- Allows for students to apply for Financial Aid that may include Federal Pell Grants (PELL) and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Requires a student to take a WorkKeys Assessment and to attain a program-specific passing score.
In addition to our Career Development Programs offered to individual students, we offer:
Potential students may apply for limited internal Scholarships; other external scholarships are also available.
Our adult career center is accredited to offer programs as approved by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
to educational programs accredited by the Council on Occupational Education
(COE) are open to students 18 years or older who hold a high school diploma or
GED and are looking to enter or re-enter the workforce or start a new career.
These requirements may be waived if the student is enrolling in a specially
designated program such as the Adult Diploma Program (ADP) or programs designed
to enhance a high school students’ credential attainment. All exceptions may
require proper documentation and prior administrative approval.
For adults who do not have a High School Diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED), we offer an Adult Diploma Program at no cost to eligible adult students.