Attending classes at the Adult Career Center means joining other motivated adults like you who are committed to improving their lives through career-technical training. Our focus is on providing short-term training to offer you the certifications and skills employers ask for most. Whether you are looking to start a new career, improve current job skills, or enhance your daily life, we are here to help.
5 Types of Programs We Offer
- Career Development Programs: Programs designed to educate students for the purpose of job entry or job advancement. Many of these programs are full-time, and all offer industry credentials and certifications upon completion. Information session and WorkKeys testing is required before registering for the class. Please call 440-774-1051 Ext. 22254 to schedule your information session.
- Continuing Education Courses: Courses designed to assist in the development of knowledge and skills to maintain one's current professional occupation. Also known as skills enhancement courses.
- Personal Enrichment Courses: Courses designed to promote personal growth and development. Also known as special interest courses focus on leisure activities, hobbies, computers, recreation, fitness and personal development.
- Online Courses: A wide range of highly interactive courses are offered. These convenient and affordable courses are delivered by instructors who are experts in their field.
- Apprenticeships: Apprentice Training in Industrial Maintenance, Millwright, Machine Repair, Automatic Screw Machine, Tool & Die, Machinst or Sheet Metal Fabrication is a combination of on-the-job experiences designed to provide the apprentice with the skill and knowledge necessary to function as a journeyman. Contact Ralph Bentley 440-774-1051 Ext. 22287 for more information.
Programs include placement assistance and employability skills training provided by Career Services. An ongoing database of available employment opportunities is maintained and made available to all job seekers. Job seekers are directed to potential employment opportunities based on their skills, training and experience.
Students must provide their own hand tools when necessary. Various tests for certification are important to document the skills an individual has mastered. Certification is frequently required for many jobs especially higher paying positions. Some certification tests are part of the curriculum, advanced testing may require additional costs.