Please email your questions about the JVS iPad Initiative to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them on this page.
Can iPads be charged at school?
While there may be some opportunities to charge the iPad at school, they will be in use most of the day and should be charged at home.
Can students use a different device or iPad?
Students are required to use the school issued iPads.
Do you have to have internet at home?
No. While it may be beneficial, it will not prohibit students from completing their assignments.
Are they able to use All printers?
Students may have access to be able to print but they will not have access to all printers. Part of the reason that we are going to iPads is to go as paperless as possible.
Are students able to keep iPads over the summer?
Students may keep their iPads over the summer unless discipline issues have occurred utilizing the device. In these instances, the administration may maintain the device over the break.
How do we keep students safe online?
Part of the emphasis of using iPads is to teach responsible usage. However, parents and guardians are responsible for reinforcing the safe usage of the iPads for their sons or daughters while they use them off campus.
Do students keep their iPads after they graduate?
After students have paid their fees totaling $200.00, they are able to keep their iPads after they graduate.
What are the potential additional fees for the iPads?
- If a student breaks a screen, replacement costs are $50.00 the first time the screen needs to be replaced and $100.00 if additional screen replacements are required.
- If a student breaks the case, the cost for replacement is $40.00.
- If a student completely destroys the iPad, the cost of replacing the iPad can be as much as $499.00. Currently we are using the iPad Mini II with Retina display and it cost $299.00 to replace. If that model is no longer available, students will be responsible to cover the replacement cost of a new model.
- If an iPad is lost or stolen, the cost of the iPad replacement can be as much as $499.00. Currently we are using iPad Mini II with Retina display and it cost $299.00 to replace. If that model is no longer available, students will be responsible to cover the replacement cost of a new model.
- If a student needs to replace the Apple Dock Connector the cost is $30.00.