Overview of Program
In this program, students learn how to perform hand and arm massages; foot and lower leg massages; the art of manicuring and pedicuring; artificial nail enhancements; lacquer and gel polish application; and creative nail art. Manicurist skills include how to provide client consultations; nail, hand, and feet analysis; nail skincare; products; ingredients; and proper selection of products. Students perfect their skills in our student-operated salon overseen by our experienced instructors, allowing them to work directly with clients, schedule appointments, learn about inventory control, and develop retail and marketing skills. Successful students receive a career technical certificate and are eligible to take their state board exam.
Tuition - $3104.00*
Hours - 200 hours
Program Dates - October 23, 2023 - February 7, 2024 (estimated)
Days/Times of Program - M,T,W / 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
*Books and license exam fees are not included in tuition.
This is a Career Development (CD) program that is approved by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. (COE)
1. Milady Standard Nail Technology 8th Ed Bundle 978 0 35748 3657/3650
Graduation, Completion, and Placement Rates*
Graduate Rate = 89%
Total Completion Rate = 89%
Graduate Placement Rate = 54%
Industry Credential Passage Rate = 100%
*Based on the Council on Occupational Education Annual Report 2022 for Reporting Period 01/01/2021-12/31/2021. The placement rate is based on those completers who are employed in a field related to their job training program. Actual number of students who are employed after graduation may be higher. We did not have any completers during the reporting period.
COS State Board
- Offer students education and training for the purpose of job entry and job advancement.
- Include placement assistance and employability skills training.
- Provide opportunities for trade certifications and credentials in a variety of skilled areas.
- Allow students to apply for Financial Aid, such as Federal Pell Grants and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).