Overview of Program
Phlebotomy technicians draw quality blood samples from patients or blood donors and prepare those specimens for medical testing. Many patients have phobias when it comes to blood and needles, and giving blood can be the most difficult part of an office visit. Phlebotomy technicians create an atmosphere of trust and confidence with patients while drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe, and reliable manner. Entry-level job opportunities are available at hospitals, outpatient clinics, or physicians’ labs upon completion of this program and the National Healthcare Association (NHA) certification exam. The program includes training on anatomy and physiology; medical terminology; CPR; and a four-week, non-paid, supervised externship that runs Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuition - $3,605.00*
Hours - 383 hours
Program Dates - February 27, 2023 - July 24, 2023
Days/Times of Program - M, T, W, / 9:00am-12:30pm and TH / 9:00am-3:00pm
*Books, additional uniforms, and onboarding fees are not included in tuition.
This is a Career Development (CD) program that is approved by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. (COE)
1. Medical Terminology: A Living Language 9th Edition (Text and MyLab). ISBN#978 0 323 47991 2
2. Phlebotomy Quick Study Academic Pamphlet ISBN#978 1 42320 9508
3. Phlebotomy Worktext & Procedures 5th Edition. ISBN#978 0 323 64266 8
4. Human Body In Health & Disease (Textbook) 7th Edition. ISBN#978 0 323 40211 8
Graduation, Completion, and Placement Rates*
Graduate Rate = 76%
Total Completion Rate = 76%
Graduate Placement Rate = 85%
Industry Credential Passage Rate = N/A
*Based on the Council on Occupational Education Annual Report 2021 for Reporting Period 01/01/2020-12/31/2020. The placement rate is based on those completers who are employed in a field related to their job training program. Actual number of students who are employed after graduation may be higher.
NHA Certification Exam for Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Nursing Assisting Video Series, 3rd Edition Delmar Publishers
- Instructor prepared power-point presentations for most content areas
- Smart Board
- Throughout the Paradigm MSO textbooks, assessment assignments require students to use the internet to conduct research using internet search engines to locate information.
- Multiple websites are available for student use and may be assigned. These websites are located in student textbooks for every program.
- Tabor’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (classroom copies)
- Physician Desk Reference (classroom copies)
- Nursing Drug Handbook (sample copies) Govoni and Hayes Drugs and Nursing Implications
- International Classification of Diseases-9th Edition-Clinical Modifications (classroom copies)
- Current Procedural Terminology (classroom copies)
- Healthcare Common Procedural Coding System (classroom copies)
- Elsevier Power Point
- On-line references (various content-area specific supplemental information) to facilitate learning including but not limited to:
- Offer students education and training for the purpose of job entry and job advancement.
- Include placement assistance and employability skills training.
- Provide opportunities for trade certifications and credentials in a variety of skilled areas.
- Allow students to apply for Financial Aid, such as Federal Pell Grants and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).