Overview of the Program
Do you have a passion for helping people and a dedication to caring for others? State Tested Nurse Aides (STNA) work in both nursing homes and long-term care facilities. Our classes prepare students for entry-level positions in the healthcare field and are designed for students with or without previous medical experience. This course covers communication, safety, personal care, body mechanics, infection control, basic nursing, and restorative care. Students learn the latest trends and practices with a hands-on approach. Graduates of this course are eligible to take the Ohio STNA exam. Students are required to attend a mandatory group orientation session prior to the start of class.
Tuition - $1,034.00*
Hours - 90 hours
Program Dates - September 26, 2023 - November 6, 2023
Days/Times of Program - M, T, W - 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm
*Books, uniforms, TB testing and immunizations/physical exam fees are not included in tuition.
This is a Career Development (CD) program that is approved by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. (COE)
1. Nursing Assistant Care Long Term 5th Edition. Textbook. ISBN#978 1 60425 137 1
2. Nursing Assistant Care Long Term Workbook. ISBN#978 1 60425 138 8
Graduation, Completion, and Placement Rates*
Graduate Rate = 63%
Total Completion Rate = 63%
Graduate Placement Rate = 100%
Industry Credential Passage Rate = N/A
*Based on the Council on Occupational Education Annual Report 2021 for Reporting Period 01/01/2020-12/31/2020. The placement rate is based on those completers who are employed in a field related to their job training program. Actual number of students who are employed after graduation may be higher.
State Tested Nurse Aide Certification
- Offer students education and training for the purpose of job entry and job advancement.
- Include placement assistance and employability skills training.
- Provide opportunities for trade certifications and credentials in a variety of skilled areas.
- Allow students to apply for Financial Aid, such as Federal Pell Grants and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).