Overview of Program
This program starts you toward a rewarding career in metalworking with the employer-preferred National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) certification. Our course provides hands-on experience with lathe, milling, swiss machining, blueprint reading, shop math, CNC, CNC programming, 3D printing, tooling, measuring, safety (10-hour OSHA card), and metallurgy. Students will be prepared to work on precision equipment and to read precision measuring instruments and blueprints.
Tuition - $7,601.00*
Hours - 600 hours
Dates - September 18, 2023 - June 10, 2024
Days/Times of Program - M,T, W, TH / 5:30pm - 10:00pm
*Books are not included in tuition.
This is a Career Development (CD) program that is approved by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. (COE)
1. Carr Trigonometry Reference Guide
2. Mathematics for Machine Technology 8th Ed 978 1 33779831 0
3. Machine Trades Print Reading 978 1 631 26105 3
Graduation, Completion, and Placement Rates*
Graduate Rate = 100%
Total Completion Rate = 100%
Graduate Placement Rate = 100%
Industry Credential Passage Rate = N/A
*Based on the Council on Occupational Education Annual Report 2021 for Reporting Period 01/01/2020-12/31/2020. The placement rate is based on those completers who are employed in a field related to their job training program. Actual number of students who are employed after graduation may be higher.
NIMS (National Institute for Metalworking Skills)
Precision Machine Technology
- Fusion 360
- Cura (3D Printer)
- Machinery Handbook 31st Edition
- Offer students education and training for the purpose of job entry and job advancement.
- Include placement assistance and employability skills training.
- Provide opportunities for trade certifications and credentials in a variety of skilled areas.
- Allow students to apply for Financial Aid, such as Federal Pell Grants and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).